Achilles tendinitis is a worn injury, in which the large tendon moving down at the back of the lower leg gots irritated and inflammation causes severe pain and discomfort while walking or even standing for an long duration of time.
Achilles tendinitis is a common problem and mainly found in sprinters and marathon runners due to sudden increased in middle aged people, who are busy in leisure sport activities like tennis or basketball. Achilles tendinitis is also in women wearing high heel sandals gives a lot of strain on the legs and feet.
Some common symptom of Achilles tendinitis is swelling near the affected tendon causes severe pain . It is also identified by stiffness of the ankle which it loosens up to reduce the progress of the day and exercises especifically in such condition.
The symptoms of Achilles tendinitis are swelling and pain in the back of the heel and makes discomfort in walking or standing for long periods of time. Some of the other symptoms include calf muscles get tight, little mobility and warm near the affected tendon site
Achilles tendinitis is an example of an worn injury caused by repeated and intense strain on the tendon which connects the calf muscle to the heel bone. Some of the folloeing causes of Achilles tendinitis as;
* Don’t warm up before exercising
* Irregular method of exercise or a sport activity that leads to the strain the calf muscles
* sudden movement and twists when playing a sport like tennis, basketball, etc it causes lot of strain on the tendons and calf muscles.
* Sudden increased in physical activity
* Wearing bad fitting shoes
* Wearing high heels for long periods time also causes severe strain on the feet and legs
* Protect bone spurs in the back of your heels
* The Achilles tendons also dropdown in strength with age
There are a some factors that had been found to make susceptible to a person more with Achilles tendinitis. Some of the risk factors include;
* Gender : Achilles tendinitis is common in men than women
* Age : The Achilles tendon tends to get weaker with age and becomes more prone to damage and injury.
* Improper shoes : choosing wrong pair of shoes also cause great damage to the feet and severe strain on the tendons.
* Medical conditions : People affected with Psoriasis , high blood pressure have greater risk of developing Achilles tendinitis.
* Medications : Some of the medications like fluoroquinolones antibiotics have been found in high rates of Achilles tendinitis.
The Achilles tendinitis is diagnosed by a physical examination of the tendon, and a doctor can ask for the following tests to confirm the diagnosis;
* X – rays
* MRI scans
Achilles tendinitis can be easily treated at home . The condition like pretty well to self care treatment like RICE – Rest, Ice, Compression and elevation. Such cases where the symptoms exist for a long time, then we must consult a doctor to find the root of the problem and its effective treatment.
The Achilles tendinitis treatment plan includes medications, physical therapy and surgery.
* Medication : The main medical treatment of Achilles tendinitis are the Over The Counter pain medications to reduce the swelling and pain.
* Physical therapy : Physical therapy can be given with pain medications to recover process. There are especifically create exercises called ‘eccentric’ strengthening that helpful in Achilles tendinitis.
* Orthotic devices : A small shoe insert and elevates the heel to relieve the strain on the tendons by reducing the pain.
* Surgery : This is the final step in the treatment of Achilles tendinitis are given in such cases where the Achilles tendon doesn’t respond to treatment or in cases of torn Achilles tendon where the doctor needs to operate a surgery to remove the tendons .<
Achilles tendinitis usually can be easily treated at home with the help of a qualified healthcare service. Catering is needed in our highly reputable healthcare services that offers from doctor’s consultation, lab tests, vaccinations, to physical therapy , palliative and other care treatments to the patients and makes comfort at home. Main advantage for option to our healthcare service is that the clinic comes to you and stressing out. We have to do this just give a call and a well experienced doctor at your doorstep within a short period of time. when you need Achilles tendinitis treatment or physical therapy for Achilles tendinitis or post operative rehabilitation care at home; just gets in touch with us and we would do the best.
I am very satisfied by Physio Sudhir kumar efforts towards the treatment of my ankle & knee.He is a very good doctor & he comes for my treatment on the time asm requested by me. I am thankful for his good service.
Mukesh was excellent with the service and he was able to diagnose the problem very soon and gave the right treatment.
Rakesh was excellent with the service and he was able to diagnose the problem very soon and gave the right treatment.