TREATMENT AND PROGNOSIS :
Cleaning of the nostrils with salt water known as salt water irrigation od salt water douching.
Chronic rhinitis that is caused by structural problems with the nose and sinuses, like a deviated nasal septum or nasal polyps may require surgical correction. Surgery is typically reserved as a last resort if several other treatment options don’t work.
Slabutamol is used as inhaler in the treatment of asthmatic attack.They are beta 2 adrenoreceptorand these are the first choice of treatment in asthma.
Ipatropium an anticholinergic medications when used with an SABA provides best results.
Adrenergic agonist such as epinephrine are used in asthmatic attacks but it is contraindicate din cardiac patients.
A shorter course of corticosteroids provides relief and prevents the relapse of the episodes.
Fluticasone propionate metered is used as an inhaler in long term asthmatic attack.
- Corticosteroids such as beclomethasone provides relief
- Long acting beta receptor agonists LABA) such as salmetrol and formetrol can improve asthma control, at least in adults, when given in combination with inhaled corticosteroids.
- Leukotriene receptor antagonists (anti-leukotriene agents such as montelukast and zafirlukast) may be used in addition to inhaled corticosteroids, typically also in conjunction with a LABA. When these drugs are administered in adjuvant to the corticosteroid they provide relief in moderat and severe attacks
- Intravenous administration of the drug aminophylline does not provide an improvement in bronchodilation when compared to standard inhaled beta-2 agonist treatment. Aminophylline treatment is associated with more adverse effects compared to inhaled beta-2 agonist treatment.
- Mast cell inhibitors such as cromolyn sodium are preferred in case of corticosteroids and they reduces the inflammatory reactions.
- In paediatric patients long acting beta blockers(LABA) and cinhalational corticosteroids provides an better relief.
- . Antocholinergic medications such as Ipatropium bromide are not indicated in long term of treatment in adults.
Medications are typically provided as metered dose inhaler (MDIs) in combination with an asthma spacer or a dry powder inhaler Spacer is the type of cylinder that mixes the medicines with the air to enhance sthe effectiveness of the intake of the drug .Nebulizers are also used in the treatment with adjuvant to spacers.The main disadavantage of using these medications are oral thrush,inflammation in the mucosa.
Duplimab,Omalizumab are the monoclonal antibodies that are used to treat atopy asthmatic attack.