Coronaviruse are a group of viruses or family viruses that usually from the common cold to MERS (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome coronavirus) and SARs (Severe acute respiratory syndromes. But somethime its most serious infection and causes death.
Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is an infectious disease which causes by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2). It is a virus closely linked to the SARS virus is a development of new strain. It was earlier known by the specific name 2019 a novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV). The disease was first reported in Wuhan and China.
During December 2019, the first four cases of an acute respiratory syndrome of unknown etiology were reported in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China observed a cluster of pneumonia cases of unknown cause. The first few cases had contact history to the original Seafood Market in china and therefore, the virus is thought to be origin of zoonotic, The new virus that has caused the outbreak is known as SARS-CoV-2. It is believed to be closely related to bat coronaviruses, pangolin corona viruses, and SARS-CoV.
A) CONTACT FROM PERSON TO PERSON :
The virus is spreading mainly from one person to another. It generally observed spreads between people who are in close contact (6 feet or lesser) with each other. When the infected person sneezes, the respiratory droplets that enter the mouths, noses to nearest people get inhaled into the lungs.
People who are in severe condition (most symptomatic level) are must be contagious diseases.
If any symptoms causes severely for people to be contagious.
B) CONTAMINATION OF OBJECTS OR SURFACES WITH VIRUS:
There are many possible that a person can get COVID-19 and it one of the main way for spreading of virus if he/she touches a contaminated surface or object and it has the virus and then touches their own nose, mouth or eyes causes diseases.
Infection of the Coronavirus can be diagnosed on the basis of patient symptoms, history of travel, and contact with infected patients and diagnostic imaging. Suggested test for COVID-19 is performing real-time fluorescence (RT-PCR) to detect the positive nucleic acid of SARS-CoV
Symptoms for Covid-19
The COVID-19 have ranged from mild to severe illness some of the following symptoms may appear from 2 to 14 days
* The affected people with a fever and dry cough
* Other symptoms include myalgia or fatigue and shortness of breath
* Some common symptoms are headache, sputum production, muscle pain, and sore throat
Most cases result in mild symptoms it may lead to pneumonia and multi-organ failure. The COVID-19 is estimated at between 1% and 5% worldwide and is highly dependent on the age of the patient its fatality rate. 15% of death for patients more than 80 years old is worldwide.
Currently there is no vaccine to prevent corona virus disease 2019 (COVID-19). The most important way to prevent illness is to avoid getting exposed to this virus.
1) IMPORTANT STEPS TO PROTECT OURSELF
Wash and clean your hands often :
Wash your hands with soap and water for a minimum 20 seconds after from the public place, or after coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose. If soap is not available in your hand or can use a hand sanitizer that has at least 60% alcohol. Without washing your hand do not touch your nose, mouth and eyes with.
Avoid close contact with people who are get affected :
If COVID-19 is spreading in your region or community, Maintain distance between yourself from other people. This is more important for people who are in older age causes severe risk
When you’re sick stay at home :
When you are sick, stay at home, except to get medical care. We will explain what to do if you are sick in next content
2) WHEN YOU ARE SICK OR SOMEONE IN YOUR HOME IS INFECTED SOME OF THE STEPS TO PREVENT THE SPREAD OF COVID-19
If you are get infected with COVID-19 or suspect for you or someone in your family is infected, follow the some steps to help prevent the disease from spreading to other people.
* Stay home except to get medical care : People who show mild symptoms of COVID-19 are suggested to get isolated at home during their illness,. Do not go to public areas, work or school and avoid using public transportation except for getting medical care
* Stay away from other people:Separate yourself as much as possible. It is also advisable that you must stay in a specific room and away from other people. use a separate bathroom, if it’s there in your home.
* Limit contact with pets: While you are get affected with COVID-19, should restricted contact with pets and other animals. Till now no reports of animals getting sick with COVID-19, its still advisable that people infected with COVID-19 do not touch pets and other animals and still more information is known about the corona virus.
* Call a doctor before visiting your: If you already booked an appointment with the doctor, call and tell them that you may have COVID-19. This is very important and that surely help the healthcare provider to take steps to protect other people from getting exposed.
* If you are infected wear a facemask: The infected person must wear a facemask when he/she is around other people or pets and before they enter a hospital or clinic. If the affected person cannot able to wear a facemask due to breathing issues or some other problem, then people who live in the same house should not stay in the same room, and they must wear a facemask if they have to enter a room of the infected person.
* Cover your sneezes and coughs: When you cough or sneeze, close your mouth and nose with a tissue. Then throw the used tissues in a lined dustbin.
* Do not share personal household items: You must not share drinking glasses, cups, utensils, towels, or bedding with other person or pets in your house. After using household items, wash them thoroughly with soap and water.
* Clean and disinfect all “high-touch” surfaces everyday: You must clean high touch surfaces like tabletops, bathroom fixtures, doorknobs, desktop keyboards, phones and bedside tables. Also, clean any surfaces that may contain body fluids on them.
Drug carts is one the best in-home medical care providers in India. You will get the best support services with comfort and be safe at your home.
People with mobility issues or people recovering from a surgery, who are intending to visit hospital seeking for medical support services can avoid it by availing in-home medical support services.
Have you been in contact with a person affected with COVID-19? Are you a frequent traveler? Are you above the age of 60 yrs? Do you have Diabetes/High BP, Flu like symptoms, fall sick often. Just call Drugcarts to support you medically for self quarantine at home.
People with mild suspected cases or those discharged from hospital post treatment of COVID-19 can take home care services for continuity of medical care. These medical support services are provided through Drugcarts experienced nurses, doctors and health professionals
We also provide Home Quarantine services for COVID-19 and also provide disinfectant kits.
DRUGCARTS WILL PROVIDE THE PROMINENT HOME SERVICES SOME OF THEM:
* Nursing services at home (Nurse for cancer care, Nubilization, etc)
* Nursing Attendants at home
* Physiotherapy at home
* Medical Equipment like Respiratory Care products and others (Oxygen Concentrator, CPAP and BiPAP System etc,.)
* Eldercare at home
* Diabetic care packages (Diabetic peoples are more sensitive
* Adult vaccinations at home
* Lab tests at home (except COVID-19 tests)
Q1: HOW IT CAUSES SPREADING OF THE CORONAVIRUS?
A1: Human coronavirus can spread from a person infected with COVID-19 virus to other by close contacts. When the infected person coughs or sneezes, the contaminated droplets spread can enter the bodies of nearer people and infect them. It can also spread by contact with contaminated hands, surfaces or objects.
Q2: WHEN DOES THE SYMPTOMS APPEAR?
A2: when someone is disclosed to the virus its take some time for the symptoms to appear is generally 5 to 6 days or might be from 2 to 14 days for first time. Due to this reason people who are in contact with a confirmed test are suggested to isolate themselves for 14 days.
Q3: HOW TO PREVENT STIGMA PEOPLE RELATED TO COVID-19?
A3: Everyone must fight stigma and help others by social support. To fight against stigma is by learning and sharing facts is one of the best way. It must be interupted that viruses do not target specific ethnic or racial groups.
Q4: WHAT ARE THE SOURCE OF CORONA VIRUS?
A4: Coronaviruses are actually a group of family viruses. Some cause illness in humans, and animals. In rare cases, animal coronaviruses that infected animals,have infected people can spread among people. Suspected in the case of COVID-19.Corana virus that originated from animals and then spread to people are Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS).
Q5: IS COVID-19 FATAL?
A5: current situation, it may affect people is still not fully cleared. However, current information tells us that infection lies between 1% to 5% the fatality rate of people. It is high in elderly and people with undergo health issues.
Q6: WHETHER A VACCINE IS FOR COVID-19?
A6: Currently, there is no vaccine available. Research is going on in many countries and scientists are trying their best to find a vaccine. At present, precaution and infection control measures are the most effective to prevent COVID-19.
Q7: CAN AVOID SPREADING OF COVID-19 THROUGH FOOD?
A7: Coronaviruses must be spreading from person-to-person through respiratory droplets/secretions. At present, there is no evidence that supports transmission of COVID-19 through food. However a general precaution it is advised that before preparing or eating food it is best to wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds.
Q8: WHO SHOULD WEAR A MASK?
A8: For the general population who do not have any symptoms, there is no need to wear a mask.
People who are showing respiratory symptoms should wear a mask because they do not spread infection to other people. They should consult a doctor is more important as soon as possible..
Q9: WILL HOT WEATHER STOP THE OUTBREAK OF COVID-19?
A9: Yet not confirmed if weather and temperature have any impact on the spread of COVID-19. Although some viruses, like common cold and flu, spread more during cold months but that does not mean that one can’t become sick during warm months. Till now yet not clear whether the spread of COVID-19 will reduce during weather season.
Q10: WHO ARE AT HIGHER RISK OF GETTING COVID-19?
A10: Information from China, where COVID-19 first started, shows that some people are at higher risk of getting sick from this illness its mainly in older adults people who have serious chronic medical conditions like heart disease, diabetes, hypertension and lung disease.
Q11: WHAT DOES PEOPLE WITH HIGHER RISK OF COVID-19?
A11:If you have the severe risk for COVID-19, you should stop doing daily activities; take precautions to maintain distance between yourself and others when you go out in public, be away from people who are sick; wash your hands often; avoid public places and unessential travel. Be care on symptoms and emergency signs. If you get affected, stay at home and call your doctor to inform your symptoms and get advice.
Q12: WHY SHOULD BE TESTED FOR COVID-19?
A12: If you having symptoms like fever, cough and difficulty breathing, or close contact with a person to COVID-19, or you have travel history to outer countries or are in contact with people who have recently traveled to higher risk countries (China, Singapore, Japan, South Korea, Thailand, USA, UK, EU, Iran) contact your doctor or healthcare professional. The healthcare professional will determine when you need to be tested for COVID-19.
Q13: WHEN YOU HAVE TRAVELLED TO A HIGHER RISK COUNTRY SOME PRECAUTIONS SHOULD DO?
A13: If you have stayed in or transited through a higher risk country in the last 14 days, you must self isolate yourself for 14 days, counting from the day you departed the higher risk country. You must monitor yourself for symptoms and if you develop fever or respiratory symptoms, please contact your healthcare provider urgently.
Q14: What type of Disinfectant solution is used for Home Sanitization?
A14: As a Home Healthcare company, we should aware of how important to keep your surroundings sanitized without creating an impact on your health. Disinfectant solution used is government approved, skin-friendly and tested for any reactions. With a concentration of 70 percent isopropyl alcohol, our Disinfectant solution kills 99.9% of bacteria and viruses on any surface by drugcarts.
Q15: How will ensure safe and secure Sanitization process at Home?
A15: Our Sanitization worker uses disposable PPE kit, gloves, Masks, and Face shield to ensure safety before sanitization.
Q16: If I have a 3 or 4 BHK apartment size?
A16: Extra charges are applicable
Q17: Is your lab testing is accredited with NABL?
A17: Yes, we are officially tied up with SRL Labs for COVID Testing.
Q18: COVID test need ICMR approved?
I am very satisfied by Physio Sudhir kumar efforts towards the treatment of my ankle & knee.He is a very good doctor & he comes for my treatment on the time asm requested by me. I am thankful for his good service.
Mukesh was excellent with the service and he was able to diagnose the problem very soon and gave the right treatment.
Rakesh was excellent with the service and he was able to diagnose the problem very soon and gave the right treatment.