Knee pain is most common problem that affects the all the age people mainly in elder patient.It may due to the injury that affects the knee joint, soft tissue ,torn cartilage and rupture ligament. T Knee pain makes you an unhealthy lifestyle or medical condition. For small pain we can take self care at home while severe pain causes undergo medical treatment.
* Swelling and stiffness
* Redness and feeling warm to touch
* Weakness or instability
* Popping and crushing
* Inable to completely straighten the knee.
If you feel any symptoms, then consult a doctor immediately and get relief.
Main problem arise due to injury .Some causes of knee pain are stress, strained ligaments, torn, tear and tendonitis,arthiritis.
ACL Injury : Anterior Cruciate Ligament injury is one of ligament found in knee. Its mostly occurs in sports person involved in sudden stops, changes in direction,when playing like soccer, tennis and basketball .
Fractures : Force applied on the bones continuously its breaks the bone and punctures the skin. Its due to the accident,fall,injury ,patient with low bone density and osteoporosis.
Torn Meniscus : A c shaped piece of rubbery cartilage that gives shock by twisting and while carrying heavy weight.
Knee Bursitis : the inflammation of the bursae like reduce friction and crushing pressure.
Patellar Tendonitis : an inflammation on patellar tendon weakens and leads to tears and also called as jumpers knee.
Arthritis is of innumerable types and several of them are capable of causing knee pain like;
* Osteoarthritis - A protective cartilage that crushes your bone its get weakens and damage the joint like knee, hip, spine.
* Rheumatoid Arthritis – Its an auto immune diseases that damages the body,
* Gout - secreation of uric acid in the blood it causes inflammation like swelling, redness mainly affects the big toe.
* Pseudogout - deposition of calcium-cry phosphate crystals mainly its affect knee and wrist.
* Septic Arthritis – Due to infection it causes septic.
* Maintain proper weight.
* Wear shoes with a good fit.
* Warm up daily.
* Do low-impact exercise.
* Swimming or walking daily.
* Don't decrease or sudden increase in tour activity.
Do use "RICE " - Rest, ice, compression, and elevation (RICE) is good for knee .
Give some rest for knee, then apply ice to reduce swelling, wear a tight bandage, and keep your knee elevated. And maintain proper weight.
The treatment for knee pain are therapy, solution , medicine, injections, surgery.
* Medications : medication likes pain relievers, analgesics, anti – inflammatory drugs and anti – rheumatic drugs.
* Injections : Some of an injections like corticosteroids, hyaluronic acid supplements and arthocentesis.
* Surgery : Knee replacement, Arthroscopy and Osteotomy
* Physiotherapy : Helps you to reduce the pain, swelling, redness, stiffness With regular exercise that strength your muscles from pain.
Physiotherapy will help you to provide quality care, strengthen your muscles and bones with flexible and mobility for knee joints by the professional therapist. Just contact us , book appointment we will visit at your home and cure the pain.
I am very satisfied by Physio Sudhir kumar efforts towards the treatment of my ankle & knee.He is a very good doctor & he comes for my treatment on the time asm requested by me. I am thankful for his good service.
Mukesh was excellent with the service and he was able to diagnose the problem very soon and gave the right treatment.
Rakesh was excellent with the service and he was able to diagnose the problem very soon and gave the right treatment.