Parkinson’s disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that affects the dopaminergic neurons in the brain, which is essentially responsible for dopamine production. Dopamine is the chemical for carrying messages to nerve cells and control the muscles around the brain.
* Limb stiffness
* Improper gait and balance
* Cognitive Impairment
* Sleep behavior disorder
* Loss of sense of smell
The cause of Parkinson’s disease due to the genetic, environmental factors and hereditary to the patient.
* The first stage of Parkinson’s disease is identified by mild symptoms that do not affect the person’s life
* In the second stage - making day activities is difficult and take more time to complete task.
* Stage 3 (mid stage) - severe difficulties in daily activities like dressing, eating, brushing etc. Individuals also lose balance themselves.
* At stage 4(very severe) - the patient requires assistance in daily activities
* Stage 5 (advanced stage) - completely helpless needs complete monitoring for living.
A well trained neurologist to diagnose imaging tests like MRI, ultrasound of the brain, SPECT, PET scans..
Average of Parkinson’s people over 60 years of age, some exceptions at the age of 40 and even younger.
Parkinsonism is condition for movement of abnormalities and slow down of daily activities and results loss of dopamine does not stimulate nerve cells
* Corticobasal Degeneration
* Drug induced parkinsonism
* Progressive Supranuclear Palsy
* Vascular (Arteriosclerotic) parkinsonism
Medication : The medications alone can’t cure the patient a lot of control on the symptoms as much relief.
Physiotherapy for Parkinson’s disease : Parkinson’s patients is to identify the issues of mobilize the joints, flexibile to tight muscles, posture and balance by physiotheraphy.
Surgery : when the patient has reached fifth advanced stage of the disease and has unmanageable motor symptoms is surgery advised otherwise no need surgery.
3 types for Parkinson’s Surgery namely;
* Pallidotomy – the globus pallidus that destroys the brain make the patient discomfort of movement and symptoms like tremors and imbalance.
* Thalomotomy – The tremors and a part of the thalamus (part of the brain) is destroyed.and get relief to patient.
* Deep Brain Stimulation – when there is no other therapy and medications are there at that time doctors implant electrodes in selected areas of the brain, to control the impulses that cause Parkinson’s and another device is inserted in your chest to control the impulses emitted from the electrodes
Patient affected with Parkinson’s require physiotherapy to maintain the strengthening physical capability of daily activities. A well trained physiotherapist mainly focuses on education and self-management.
I am very satisfied by Physio Sudhir kumar efforts towards the treatment of my ankle & knee.He is a very good doctor & he comes for my treatment on the time asm requested by me. I am thankful for his good service.
Mukesh was excellent with the service and he was able to diagnose the problem very soon and gave the right treatment.
Rakesh was excellent with the service and he was able to diagnose the problem very soon and gave the right treatment.